Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Technique Tuesday

The first Tuesday of every month I teach a class in my home called Technique Tuesday. We learn a new technique and make two cards while doing it. So I decided to post what we learn on my blog too!

This technique we learned back in May. Did you know Stampin Up sells Baker's Twine? It comes in three designs, white, white and early espresso, white and cherry cobbler. Did you know you can dye the twine? Yeppers! That way you can have any colour you want!

First, take a piece of the White Baker's Twine the size that you need.
 Then take a bit of water (about an eighth of a cup) and add as much drops of re-inker as how dark you want your twine.
 Then put your piece of twine in the water/reinker mixture. Depending on how dark you want your twine will depend on how long you leave it in
Take the twine out and place on paper towel to drain off the excess water. Hang the twine up to dry
Then use on your card!

Until next time, happy stamping!

2 comments:

Donna Henley said...

Kewl technique, Sandra - now I only have to buy white Bakers Twine and I can dye it to coordinate with every colour of reinker - WAHOO! Thanks for sharing this idea.

cheers
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sandra! I am seeing more and more reasons to purchase reinkers for amazing techniques. You rock!
Diane H Artful Inkers